Polyisobutylene (PIB) Sheeting
Polyisobutylene (PIB) Rubber Sheeting
PIB insulation covering (Polyisobutylene) is the ideal material to give your exposed insulation and ductwork that final protective coating. It is the premier covering used in a wide range of Industrial applications in the chemical and oil sectors. This tough weather and water-resistant rubber has a high abrasion resistance and can withstand mechanical damage.
PIB sheeting is available in sheet form in a range of thicknesses that are readily available on this page. It can provide a lagging solution to every application whether that's small pipework or a major ducting installation. Once installed, the PIB insulation covering is virtually non-ageing and will not harden, crack or peel. It's highly resistant to ozone and UV and will provide protection to your insulation for years to come.
PIB Insulation Sheeting - Features and Benefits
- Simple to install - place the sheeting over your insulation and brush the overlap with the PIB solvent. The seam will weld together and form a perfect seal.
- Fit once and forget - extremely durable material will protect your installation for 20 years plus!
- PIB Sheeting is the preferred material for many contractors because it is easy to use - demanding joints and difficult shapes are simply cut and welded on site.
- Completely Waterproof and possesses outstanding properties over a wide temperature range ( -30°C to 100°C) - hence it is used globally in oil refineries, chemical works and Power Stations.
- Ozone Resistant and UV resistant
- The standard colour is Black in a range of thicknesses from 0.5mm to 1.2mm
- Also available in White sheeting 0.8mm thick internal applications only.
- Highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals including many strong acids. The sheeting also conforms to the latest fire standards relating to the spread of flames.