Polyisobutylene (PIB) Sheeting
PIB insulation covering (Polyisobutylene) is the ideal material to give your exposed insulation and ductwork that final protective coating. It is the premier covering used in a wide range of Industrial applications in the chemical and oil sectors. This tough weather and water-resistant rubber has a high abrasion resistance and can withstand mechanical damage.
PIB sheeting is available in sheet form in a range of thicknesses that are readily available on this page. It can provide a lagging solution to every application whether that's small pipework or a major ducting installation. Once installed, the PIB insulation covering is virtually non-ageing and will not harden, crack or peel. It's highly resistant to ozone and UV and will provide protection to your insulation for years to come.
PIB Insulation Sheeting - Features and Benefits
- Simple to install - place the sheeting over your insulation and brush the overlap with the PIB solvent. The seam will weld together and form a perfect seal.
- Fit once and forget - extremely durable material will protect your installation for 20 years plus!
- PIB Sheeting is the preferred material for many contractors because it is easy to use - demanding joints and difficult shapes are simply cut and welded on site.
- Completely Waterproof and possesses outstanding properties over a wide temperature range ( -30°C to 100°C) - hence it is used globally in oil refineries, chemical works and Power Stations.
- Ozone Resistant and UV resistant
- The standard colour is Black in a range of thicknesses from 0.5mm to 1.2mm
- Also available in White sheeting 0.8mm thick internal applications only.
- Highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals including many strong acids. The sheeting also conforms to the latest fire standards relating to the spread of flames.