Armaflex Rail SD 9mm Thick 22mm Bore Low Smoke Insulation
- Advanced fire protection for railway vehicles: hazard level 2 & 3 according to EN 45545
- Effectively prevents moisture penetration
- High flexibility ensures ease of installation
Armaflex Rail SD Low Smoke Pipe Insulation
Highly-flexible, closed-cell insulation foam with improved fire retardant properties, low smoke generation and in-built Microban® antimicrobial protection for railway vehicles.
- First flexible closed cell insulation that meets hazard level 2 according to EN45545.
- High-tech insulation with built-in fire protection for railway vehicles.
- With Microban® antimicrobial product protection.
- Low smoke density, superior fire behaviour.
- Reduced risk of mould and mildew contributes to improved indoor air quality.
- Minimum energy loss through low thermal conductivity.
ARMAFLEX RAIL SD
Extremely low smoke density and superior fire behaviour. Built-in Microban® antimicrobial protection reduces mould and bacteria growth.
Complies with most international railway standards for insulation materials
- EN 45545 – HL2, R1
- NFPA 130
- DIN 5510-2
- GOST 12.1.044-89
- United Nations ECE R-118 p. 6-8
Technical Data - Armaflex Rail SD
Brief description: Highly-flexible, closed-cell insulation foam with improved fire retardant properties, low smoke generation and in-built Microban® antimicrobial protection for railway vehicles.
Material type: Elastomeric foam based rubber; manufactured with Armaprene® patented technology; US patent no. 8 163 811, EU patent no. 2 261 305
Material Special Information: The pressure-sensitive adhesive coating is based on a modified acrylate basis with mesh structure and covered with polyethene foil.
Traces of silicon can be found on the protection paper/foil used to protect self-adhesive closures.
Applications: Insulation/protection for air ducts and pipes (incl. elbows, fittings, flanges etc.) of air-conditioning/refrigeration to prevent condensation
Remarks: Armaflex® Rail SD is not designed for transparent insulation applications (exposed to sunlight) and is not UV stable.